The Prevalence of Fake IDs in the State of California
In Number Google Contacts It Says Uidai Coded Helpline The United States has a problem with a growing proliferation of fake identification cards across the nation. Many of these fake IDs come from increasingly sophisticated counterfeiters located overseas with highly sophisticated equipment. The impact of the phenomenon is clearly evident in the state of California. As the stories below illustrate, fake identification is increasingly easy to obtain in California, and its often associated with criminals looking to do far worse crimes than simply purchasing alcohol underage:
- Need a fake California ID? Justtry Craigslist as the California DMV recently discovered. A sting operation in San Diego led to the arrest of Vuong "Mike" Ton who had been brazenly posting ads for his fake IDs online.
- Investigators in Merced County seized more than 300 completed counterfeit documents, including Social Security cards, insurance cards, foreign election cards, birth certificates, U.S. Permanent Alien cards, and driver’s licenses from other states and countries after an undercover sting operation. The man arrested, Ramirez Cruz of Livingston, California, was charged with "50 felony counts of manufacturing and distributing false government documents, forging and counterfeiting government seals, forgery of government documents, and selling deceptive identification documents."
- In addition to nearly 100 pounds of crystal meth, authorities in Atwater, California recently seized faked identification in the arrest of a man charged with manufacturing and transporting methamphetamine.
The Penalties for Fake ID possession in California
Displaying or possessing a fake ID in the State of California can have severe consequences. Depending on the circumstances involved, the crime can be prosecuted as a misdemeanor or a felony. For misdemeanor fake ID possession, defendants face up to one year in county jail, and/or a fine of up to one thousand dollars ($1,000). Felony cases can lead to as much as sixteen months, two years or even three years in state prison and/or a fine of up to ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
How to Spot a Fake California ID
For bartenders, doormen, waiters, waitresses, notaries, bank tellers, retail clerks, and any other individuals who must verify ID in a professional capacity, the recent surge in fake ID production and possession is troubling. Often times the party responsible for failing to spot a fake ID assumes just as much, or even more, liability than the party that presented the ID. Therefore, it is imperative that businesses needing to regular verify the identification of their patrons use the I.D. Checking Guide.
What the I.D. Checking Guide Includes:
- A full page or more for each U.S. state and Canadian province identity card sample, showing driver’s licenses and ID cards, plus U.S. and Canadian territories.
- Guidelines on standard California driver's license terms, on what date they expire, etc.
- An explanation of where laser-engraved ghost images, hidden UV images, and perforated markings should be found on valid California ID
- Uidai Says Google Number It Helpline In Contacts Coded An explanation of what the proper alphanumeric sequencing of a California ID or Driver's license should be (i.e how many letters, numbers, etc.)
- "How to check driver’s licenses" techniques for training use.